Sunday 5 October 2008

I am a writer, writer of fictions.

And I've been forgetting to blog, again. Tsk. I've been rather busy this week however, although mostly doing boring stuff, so not really worth noting. All I will say is this - university is such a pain in the arse.

So, what else have I been doing ... I went to see Dirty Pretty Things play their last Glasgow gig ever last night, which I thoroughly enjoyed, despite now having some sort of distressing back pain, from being pushed and squashed and at one point even accidentally stumbling into a moshpit (don't ask). Safe to say, they went out with a bang, and I look forward to hearing the new projects they come up with.

After the gig, there was the difficult choice between going to the aftershow party, or going to an old friend's twentieth birthday party. After much deliberating, the birthday party won, purely because I have never been to a bash at Nicola's which I haven't enjoyed! Needless to say, it was a brilliant night, with lots of the obligatory & highly alcoholic fruit punch, and excellent banter. Made it home for round about half five this morning, and felt very rough today as a result, but fortunately I had the day off work, so, after crawling out of my bed at three in the afternoon, my mum drove me to McDonalds for a hangover-curing Big Mac, and then we visited my grandma. I cooked pasta and bolognaise sauce from scratch for the family - I was very proud of myself, even though the carrots took bloody ages to cook (I won't be putting those in my sauce again, I tell you).

Anyway. I've been spending a lot of my spare time in search of a pair of shoes that I desperately need! I want a pair of black patent Dr Marten boots, as my black ones are falling apart at the seams, but I actually cannot find a pair in my size anywhere. It's most infuriating. If anyone can direct me to an online store that sells them, I would be most grateful! I also need a pair of black leather jazz shoes - Topshop has a perfect pair, but again, nowhere seems to stock them in my size. I know my feet are big but most shops usually stock sizes right up to an eight, right? Urgh.

To comfort myself about the lack of shiny boots, I bought myself two new vests from American Apparel - the 'SexualiTank' in white, and a tri-blend racerback in grey. I love them, I've been wearing them layered together, with black skinny jeans, flats, a vintage silk scarf, and long necklaces. I'm looking to get a pair of wet-look skinnies at somepoint in the future (I'd love leather ones, or some shiny AA leggings, but I'm worried they won't flatter my already less-then-slim legs, so I'm playing it safe with denim) and hopefully a pair of dark denim shorts as well. I'll need to replace my favourite necklace (a long gold one with an owl on) because it snapped and I lost it at the gig, boo!

I also bought this high-waisted tulip skirt -

- for wearing with casual t-shirts, leggings and chunky heels, yay. I wish I hadn't bought it though, because I'm totally broke, and I kind of regret buying clothes when I should have been saving money for transport and cigarettes. Oh well!

I'm done for the night, off to watch Angels in America and get an early night, so I don't fall asleep in any lectures tomorrow. Night.

3 comments:

Ale. said...

I enjoyed reading your post a lot! I'm glad you had a nice time during the weekend!
I want to buy the AA sexuali-tank (however it is spelled) so badly. It sucks not having a store here! Only two more months to go, until I'm in the US!
That skirt also looks lovely! ♥
Have a good week sweety,

xx

Belowen said...

Carrots in bolognaise sauce? What is this madness? lol.

<33

Pandora said...

Love ths skirt :)