Friday 26 September 2008

Ahhaaa, shaa-aaake.

Well, today didn't go entirely as planned. I'm going to have to start leaving the house earlier if I actually want to ever make it to uni on time. I missed my first English Lit seminar today because the subways were off again and I didn't give myself enough time to allow for that. Oh well. I met big sis Lucy instead, so it wasn't too bad! We went to this gorgeous little vintage shop near St George's Cross, and I picked up an amazing high waisted black skirt, with glittery spots all over and three gold buttons up the front - I love it! We then went to Beanscene and had ourselves some yummy nachos, then Luce went off to uni and I went to the salon to get my hair cut!

To be honest, I'm not overly happy with the end result. I don't absolutely hate it, but I don't particularly like it, either. It's flat, boring and too ... styled. My own personal look tends to be a little bit messy and thrown together, and it just doesn't match with this sharp, straight bob I've got going on. But at least all the frazzled ends have been cut off, and it definitely looks fuller and shinier. All it needs to do now is grow, fast, and then hopefully my hair will be restored to it's former, more healthy, glory, and then I can actually get it cut into a proper style.

I stripped some more paper off my walls today. Hurrah! Getting rid of that nasty, headache-inducing, lime green paper is such a satisfying feeling - I can't wait until the carpets are lifted and I can really start getting the new stuff up. I've decided to keep the walls light and neutral, all of them a plain off-white, bar one, which will be covered in a gorgeous paper I bought a while back, printed with sketchy grey branches, flowers and birds. Being as there isn't enough room for a sofa, I have decided a daybed is probably the best idea ... I saw a great one in Next, actually. It's white and ornate looking without being fussy, and comes with a foldout bed stored underneath, which will be ideal whenever my friends & sisters come to stay. I still haven't decided on a colour scheme, however ... I'm torn between grey & dusty pink, or a more natural, earthy set of colours. I've been using the following pictures as inspiration;





... but none of them really give me any colour ideas! Hmm, we'll see. I know I definitely want white furtiture and very dark wood flooring, but that doesn't really help any.


Anyway, I'll stop rambling on - I'm done for the night! x

2 comments:

Belowen said...

Yaaaaaaay more blogging from you miss, I demand it! <33 I love your new hair BTW. Stunning as always.

Kate said...

Blog's back huzzah! I was going to post a "get your blog going again" post only last week, you must be psychic!

I love the room inspiration pics <3 esp the two on the right.

Also I must track down a picture of this new hair, it must have passed me by... off to hunt.