Thursday 25 September 2008

Les yeux ouverts.

I'm reopening my blog, just because. I've also given it a little bit of a makeover - the brown background felt too stuffy ... this one is fresher and a little bit more fun.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow but I really, really don't know what to get. I haven't had it cut in over a year, and it's currently a medium-length mess of uneven layers and growing out fringes, and is pretty frazzled from excessive colouring and heat styling (I know, I know, I should have learned my lesson the last time, but I swear, hairdye is like crack or something). I'm pretty pleased with the length of it - after having short hair for so long, being able to scrunch my up hair into a messy bun is such a novelty - but the style is boring, and I need a good few inches chopped to get it back into decent condition. I'm currently pondering Rihanna's old haircut ...

... because it's short but not too short, and I have such a girl crush on Rihanna at the minute - I have been playing Disturbia pretty much on a loop recently, not gonna lie, that song is immense. I love her current short pixie cut, but my favourite was definitely her Shut Up and Drive layered bob, so I'm going to take a few photos in with me and hope I don't leave the hairdressers in floods of tears this time :D

Not much else to tell ... oh, I started back at uni! The reading list for this year is rather epic, I can't wait to get my loan through so I can actually buy some of the books - the student loan company seem to have only one aim in life, and that aim is to screw me around until I actually go insane. I think they have the underground system in on it as well - I got into the station today to be told that my train would take over twenty minutes to arrive (wtf!!), so I went over to the other line, thinking I'd get the subway right the way around, and go the long way to my stop ... and then, two stops before mine, the driver announced that the train was bloody terminating, and that the whole line would be closed for the rest of the day, so I had to go back to the line I started on and go all the way back around again. What should have been a ten minute journey took me near-enough forty five minutes, and, needless to say, I missed my lecture. Angry doesn't even cover how I felt. But ... whatever. These things happen I guess!

I would go on about my wardrobe overhaul, my room redecoration, and other things that have been happening, but I'll leave that for another entry, I'm knackered. Night!

No comments: