Sunday 9 November 2008

Drinking, dancing & general debauchery.

Yes, I have been overindulging slightly of late ... numerous nights out, far too many tequilas and plenty of groan-inducing morning afters ... I've been having a lot of fun! I've missed quite a bit of uni, but I am all set to change that this week. I have an essay due on Friday that I am going to start tomorrow (I know - me planning an essay in advance is pretty much unheard of it, but I refuse to sit up 'til eight in the morning on Thursday night, desperately trying to sqeeze out another few words to make my 4000 target) and lots of important lectures to attend - not to mention, exam time is less than a month away! So it's preparation, preparation, preparation for me.



Today I spent most of the morning - and afternoon - recovering from last night, which was not fun, and seemed to consist mainly of the copious quantities of gin consumed last night coming back to haunt me in a horrible way. However, I pulled myself together just enough to be able to meet some friends and see Burn After Reading at the cinema in town. I've been spending some time with a boy who is very nice, so I sat with him and was generally confused by the whole film (we went to see Quantum of Solace together during the week and I was turning round to him literally every five minutes for an explanation ... I just didn't get it!). I was wearing a very short cut-off denim skirt & a big black off-the-shoulder t-shirt with my patent DMs, thick black tights and my cropped leather jacket ... I felt very Alice Dellal, however, in reality I probably bore a closer resemblence to Alice Cooper, what with my chaotic hair and generally disturbing appearance.




I got a few items ticked off my shopping list, namely the Gilbert & George for Tatty Devine gin necklace, which I have been hankering after for quite some time. I also bought a knitted slouchy hat (yes, another one, because it's predeccessors have all somehow managed a mysterious disappearing act), some not-very-exciting but very essential thick black tights (110 denier, yes please! Practically bullet-proof, ha), a boxset of fourteen Alfred Hitchcock films, the new UK Vogue (which is beautiful, although contains a very depressing story about a mermaid and a pair of red high heels) and various other bits and pieces. I have added a stupid amount of items to my Christmas list (which I'll bore you all to death with in my next post, because I can't be bothered tonight) so I'm hoping Santa is willing to overlook any bad behaviour and bring me a beautiful new watch ...

3 comments:

Belowen said...

Ahh, to be young and debaucherous again! Enjoy it miss!

cupcup said...

Last entry in November? where are youuu?

I V Y said...

your blog is very cool! :)